Saturday, December 27, 2008

A Harstad Christmas

We had a great time celebrating Courtney's first Christmas. We went to my folk's house on Christmas Eve to have dinner and open presents with them. At home we didn't put out any gifts under the tree knowing she would be curious and try to tear the paper (the girl loves to eat paper...maybe I need to put more fiber in her diet?). And boy were we right! She and her cousin Kelsi were crawling through the sea of gifts. Fortunately, Courtney didn't open any, but her cousin decided to take a sneak peek at some.


The elves left a bag of PJ's at Nana and Papa's house for the kids. Apparently Santa wanted them to wear them that night. The boys loved knowing that Santa gave them a gift early.

Courtney and Clay showing off what the elves brought her.

The obligatory Christmas family picture in front of the tree.


Courtney is all smiles waiting to tear into her presents!
Clay and Kelsi sharing a great laugh. I'm sure he's tickling her or something!Brandon and Tyler could hardly contain themselves with all the presents around! According to Tyler, we needed to eat dinner quickly, open presents and GET HOME so Santa would come.


Fast forward to Christmas morning at our house....

Our tree on Christmas morning after Santa made his stop at our house. We must have been really good!



Courtney and me seeing the tree for the first time. It was about 6:30 in the morning!



Clay and Courtney in front of the "fire." It's really the television channel that shows a crackling fire and plays Christmas carols. It's great....no dirty fireplace or spending money on natural gas!
Courtney on Christmas overload.
She didn't know what to play with first. We've since put some away to pull out later. She's doing much better with just a few things out to play with. Actually, she's having more fun with the $1 plastic bucket her finger puppets came in than with anything else! Go figure!
Finally, I have to post this video of Courtney's new "trick" that we taught her. I know, I know...could you brag about your kid anymore? The answer is yes.
We hope everyone had a great Christmas and let's ring in 2009!

1 comment:

The Tenner Family said...

Too cute! And I loved her Christmas dress!! It is adorable!