Friday, December 12, 2008

Courtney is 10 Months Old and First Christmas

I'm stunned. How can my little one already be 10 months old? How is this possible? I can still remember being pregnant and feeling like a whale around this time last year. A lot can happen in a year! Courtney is all over the place. She loves to crawl, but is really watching her cousin, Kelsi, walk. I've caught her a few times trying to balance herself. It's really only a matter of time! As of right now she has 5 teeth and we're waiting on the last front tooth to come. Again...only a matter of time.
We've now mastered waving bye, bopping up and down when we say, "Dance, Courtney!" and just yesterday she started clapping. Clay and I are officially "those parents" that show off Courtney's 3 tricks like she's a show pony. As if a kid has never done these before.

Without further ado....our little 10 month old! We snapped this picture after we got home from meeting Santa. She adored him!
Last Sunday we had a progressive dinner with my 4th grade team. I am so blessed to work with a group of women that have the same values as me AND get my sick sense of humor. Who could ask for more? Anywho...we had a fun time going from house to house. Here are a few snapshots:

Me and Courtney at the Summers' house:
One of the other teachers has a little girl, Katie Beth, that was born exactly 24 hours after Courtney. We were pregnant last year together and it's a delight going through first time Mommyhood with Melissa! Here are some pics of the two girls playing. Unfortunately, they're going to endure their mom's dressing them up alike for occasions. Why? Because we can...and we will!


They loved playing at the activity table together!

And finally, we caught her reading. We took a picture since this might be the only time she willingly reads without us making her! Her Grammie made her a Christmas soft book for her to read. She loves to crawl over to the fireplace, pull it down and look at the pictures.
We hope ya'll are enjoying your holidays. It's been a blur for us so far. Two parties down and 2 more to go! Now...if I could just finish up our Christmas shopping.

No comments: