Picture it....school on a Monday morning. I'm walking out of the office during my planning time when I encounter some of my former students. Now I usually see them at least once a day. They either come by to see me in the morning or I see them in the hall during a break. I have to admit, it's nice that they still want to talk to me! And truth be told, I actually look forward to seeing them everyday. But shhh...don't tell them.
Anyway, back to the story. Here is my conversation with a former student in the hallway this morning. Once again, the names have been changed to protect the not-so-innocent.
Me: Lucy did you have a good weekend?
Lucy: Yeah....but my mom got sick.
Me: I'm so sorry to hear that. I hope she's feeling better.
Lucy: She is. She just drank too much wine at a Christmas party.
Me: Ohhh????
Lucy: Well, it was my dad's company Christmas party so she kinda had to do it, you know?
Me: Mmmhmmmm.
So all you parents out there, consider yourself warned!
Monday, December 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment