Each year, the photographer has a live bunny and lamb to take pictures with the children. I had forgotten about this until a friend reminded me. I had spent so much time building up putting on a pretty "Fancy Nancy/Princess" dress that I had forgotten about the animals. Oh no! The morning of her pictures went like this:
Me: Courtney! Today is your picture day and you get to wear your Fancy Nancy dress!
C: Fancy Nancy Dress! Me so happy!
Me: Yes! Are you going to smile?
C: Okay
Me: There are going to be animals there. A bunny and a lamb.
C: Bunny! Lamb!
Me: But don't be scared. They're no bigger than Holly. And you love hugging and playing with Holly, don't you?
C: Not scared.
Whew! Crisis averted! I think. I hope. I texted everyone for prayers. I waited.
We got to the studio where I was on pins and needles. She loved her dress and kept reminding me how pretty and happy she was wearing it. Until I took her sweater off (it was chilly that day). She had a typical tantrum and I caved in and let her wear the darn thing. Then came the animals....
I held my breath and stood back to watch a bomb go off. Nothing. What? No crying? No screaming? No piercing shrill of a child being tortured? Success! She loved both animals. She even demanded that the bunny be brought back in so it could have a picture with her and the lamb. She's like Dr. Doolittle. Well, not really, but she loved the lamb and talked about it the rest of the day. Here are some samples of her studio session.
A special shout-out to Courtney's nana and mimi for the cute dresses!
Hope everyone enjoyed your Spring Break! Ours ended with snow!

No comments:
Post a Comment