Thursday, August 21, 2008

A Little Funny For Your Day

**Names have been changed to protect the possibly innocent**

Conversation #1:

Me: Good Morning, Sammy. I'm so glad you made it. Are you excited about your first day here at Northridge?

Sammy: Ummm....yeah.

Teacher #2: Sammy, how old are you?

Sammy: Like nine.

Teacher #2: Like nine or you are nine?

Sammy: Nine. Hey, my packback is fully loaded

Me: Oh well, then I guess we should all take cover then shouldn't we?

Conversation #2: While playing a get to know you game where you sign your name next to something you have in commen with the other person.

Sally: Mrs. K can you sign anything on my paper?

Mrs. K: Sure. (She signs next to "Has brown eyes.")

Sally: Mrs. K, are you black? (Sally is black.)

Mrs. K: Sally, do I look black? (she's as white as white can be.)

Sally: Ohhh...you mix, you mix. (and says it with her million dollar smile.)

And this folks are the kinds of people that will one day be running the country. It sends a shiver up my spine.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Hilarious! I want to hear more more these throughout the year!