Sunday, August 23, 2009

Times They Are A'Changin

There have been lots of changes going on in the Harstad house. 

For those of you that don't know, I changed from teaching 4th grade to 3rd grade. I'm still adjusting, but I certainly like not having the drama that comes with older students. I think it will be a good year, I just need to give it time and take it all in. All while teaching, of course!

Another big change is our house.  You see, 1993 called they wanted their country blue garage door back.  How could I deny the 90's that ugly color? We went with a dark taupe color with black door and trim. 

 Clay and I spent at least a good, solid three weekends painting the exterior of the house. We now know why people pay the big bucks to have it done. what a chore!  The house looks great and the cherry on top is our new glass door.  The previous owner thought a bright white storm door looked good facing the front.  We love our new door and Holly loves being able to look outside and watch everybody in the neighborhood.  We also painted the wooden door and changed out the 1993 brass kick board and door handle with brushed nickel in it's place.  Here are some pics of our house now.




Our flowers are looking great too thanks to all the rain we've been getting. Let's hear it for free water!


Finally, our little ladybug is changing!  Our now 18 month-old is officially in 18 month clothing. WOO HOO!  The downside is she's gotten tall enough to reach things sitting on the table.  So much for just leaving stuff laying around!  She's also gotten into the "No" phase. Everything is no.  Oh well. It's part of parenthood, right?  Her vocabulary is growing daily. She can now say Kelsi pretty clear.  She can say Please, Drink, and some guy named Bobby. We're pretty sure it's her imaginary friend.  

This is how she rolls lately.  Cowboy hat sideways and any of her shoes she can get on her feet. She loves her black mary janes.  Notice they're on the wrong feet.  Eat your heart our Lady Gaga!

Go Vikings! Minus their new QB.


Here she is all decked out in a dress from her Grammie. She knew she looked good that morning!



So what kinds of changes are going on in your life?

No comments: