Tuesday, June 23, 2009

I Heart....

I don't have much to report on what's going on at our house. I was gone last week at an educational conference in San Antonio. What an eye opener!  I'm actually excited about going back to school in August and trying out these new concepts and tweaking existing ones.

Enough about school. It's summer!

These past few days I've been commenting about this or that around that house.  It's all things we have around the house that are making my summer enjoyable. So what better than to share them with all of you. 

1. Flowers.  Our gladiolas in the front yard are in full bloom and they're beautiful. So before the hot, hot sun zaps them, I cut and put them in a vase so we could enjoy them indoors.  Clay loves the fact that I have a vase full of flowers and it didn't cost him part of his paycheck!

2. Popsicles.  I love them. Clay loves them. Courtney loves them. Honestly, how can you survive this heat without a popsicle break at least once during the day? 

3. iPod stereo.  This was the best bargain so far this summer!  We were browsing through the TJ Maxx in Georgetown, TX and Clay spotted this for my iPod. I've been talking about finding one so I can hook up my iPod and listen to it throughout the house.  Guess how much we spent? You'll never guess.  $10! The best part is that the sound is really good. I keep it in the kitchen and I can hear it throughout the house. Now I can rock out Prince while cleaning the house!

4.  Greenworks. I love this stuff! It's a great cleaner and helps Courtney's highchair still look like new. Better yet, it's all natural.

5. IKEA.  Who doesn't love this store?  Those swedes make some awesome stuff. Including the best plates and bowls for kids.  They are the perfect portion size plates and the bowls are the right size for Courtney to carry her snacks.  I love them so much, I've  gotten them for some of my friends with little ones. They too have fallen in love with them!

6. Ginger Pear Candles.  I bought this at Ross for $2 and it's a hit at the house. It smells good when it's lit and not lit.  What a deal!

7. Pinwheels.  What do you do with a cranky kid in Target? Find the nearest pinwheel!  I speak from experience that this perked up Courtney's mood and occupied her while I finished shopping.  For being only $1, it's a lifesaver!

7. Blues Clues.  Courtney has fallen in love. With Steve.  That would be Steve from Blues Clues.  Every time I turn on the show she points to him and throws him a kiss. She just stands at the TV entranced by him and Blue.  Clay is a little concerned.  But hey, it gives me a few minutes of sanity during the day.

I'm sure I could think of more, but this is all I have for tonight.  Hope all of you are staying cool during the summer heat!

No comments: